SPIRIT CHAMPIONSHIPS OFFERS DIVISIONS FOR REC TEAMS, SCHOOL TEAMS, ALLSTAR TEAMS AND DANCE TEAMS AT ALL OF OUR EVENTS.
TRADITIONAL RECREATIONAL CHEER RULES & DIVISIONS HANDBOOK CLICK HERE
SCHOOL CHEER RULES & DIVISIONS HANDBOOK CLICK HERE
PERFORMANCE RECREATIONAL CHEER RULES & DIVISIONS HANDBOOK CLICK HERE
ALLSTAR CHEER RULES CLICK HERE
Spirit Championships Recreation Teams Division and Rules Guidelines
Tiny 6 year olds and under
Mini 9 year olds and under
Youth 11 year olds and under
Juniors 13 year olds and under
Seniors 15 year olds and under
Senior Open 18 years and under
ALL AGES ARE AS OF AUGUST 31, 2018
The divisions listed above will be split into "Small" (5-12), "Medium" (13-18) and "Large" (19-24) "Super Large" (25-36) if there will be at least 2 teams in the respective division.
We reserve the right to add, delete or combine divisions based on enrollment.
Performance Rec Skill Level*
Level 1- (Tiny, Mini, Youth, Junior, Senior, Senior Open)
Level 2.1 – (Tiny, Mini, Youth, Junior, Senior, Senior Open)
Level 2 – ( Mini, Youth, Junior, Senior, Senior Open)
Level 3- (Youth Junior, Senior, Senior Open)
Level 4 - (Junior, Senior, Senior Open)
Traditional Rec Skill Level* (no baskets in any traditional rec levels)
Level 1- (Tiny, Mini, Youth, Junior, Senior)
Level 2.1 – (Tiny, Mini, Youth, Junior, Senior)
Level 2 – ( Mini, Youth, Junior, Senior)
Level 3- (Youth Junior, Senior)
*Levels and Rules may vary from one competition brand to another. Please be sure to read the rules thoroughly to ensure you place your team in the correct division. If you are not certain which level your team falls please do not hesitate to contact us. We want to make sure all teams are placed in the correct division prior to event day.
The Following rules apply to both Traditional Rec and Performance Rec Divisions:
· Total routine time cannot exceed 3 minutes.
· Timing begins with the first organized movement and/or first word of cheer or beat of dance.
· Organized entrances that involve cheers or run ons with jumps, tumbling or stunts are not permitted. Cheerleaders should enter the performance area in a timely fashion.
· Timing will end with holding of the final movement, pyramid or stunt.
· Partner stunts and pyramids are permitted by level guidelines.
· Routines should be choreographed so that the routine flows from one segment to the next.
· Gymnastics and jumps are permitted and encouraged by level guidelines.
· There are to be no props used in the routine with the exception of signs, pom pons, flags and megaphones.
· Performance Rec Teams must follow the U.S.A.S.F. Rules. Traditional Rec Must follow Spirit Championships Rec Rules.
· All routines should be appropriate for family viewing. Any vulgar or suggestive movements, words, or music will result in a score deduction. No tear-away uniforms or removal of clothing is allowed.
For questions regarding Rec Divisions and Registration: Contact Chris Graham firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding rules and legality: Contact Dawn email@example.com